At a recent wedding in Russia, the bride and groom were walking up a set of steps when the front of a building directly behind them COLLAPSED, and landed on the street.
Luckily no one was standing under it . . . and it was also captured on the couple's wedding video...
A lot of us still aren't clear on the differences between credit and debit. It goes beyond just signing your name or using your PIN. Here are seven good tips for the best times to pay with credit or debit, from Lifehacker.com.
1. Shopping online . . . use CREDIT. Credit cards have much stronger fraud protections built in. Most have "zero liability" policies for fraudulent use, so you never lose money. It's a lot harder to get your money back if someone uses your debit card.
2. Expensive purchases . . . use CREDIT. Most credit cards offer extra warranty protection that goes beyond manufacturers' warranties. So if something breaks after the regular warranty is up, your credit card might still cover it.
3. On vacation . . . use CREDIT. The anti-fraud protection is extra important in unfamiliar places. But you can also get deals on flights, hotels, and rental cars. Using debit often means they put a hold on your money until your payment clears.
4. When the other party needs immediate payment . . . use DEBIT. Debit transactions go through instantly, but credit transactions can take a day or two to clear.
5. If you've automated your budget . . . use DEBIT. You can set up your paycheck to be divided up automatically into different accounts, and keep a separate account for fun expenses. Use a debit card for that account, and just have fun until it's empty.
6. If you're bad with money . . . use DEBIT. It's the only way to make sure you never spend money that you don't have.
7. If you need to get foreign currency . . . use DEBIT. When you go to an ATM in a foreign country, a debit card gives you the wholesale exchange rate that banks only offer to each other. You get a worse rate using a credit card to buy from an exchange.
But you're best off using an ATM inside an actual bank. In an unfamiliar place, there might be more ATMs that are set up to harvest your card information.
If you're a parent, you'll appreciate this. There's a new video online of a mom catching her young daughter covering her younger brother in Desitin diaper rash cream.
And when I say she "covered" him in it, I mean his FACE, both legs, and one of his arms. Apparently she was working on the second arm when her mom walked in on them.
The best part is the brother's face at the very end.
A reporter in Providence, Rhode Island was doing a story on a bear sighting, and decided to film her own ridiculous bear attack SAFETY VIDEO.
She looked up what you're supposed to do if you're attacked. Then during her report, she acted out each one of the tips, including: Don't make eye contact . . . back off slowly . . . wave your arms around like an idiot . . . and curl up into a ball.
Summer is Heating Up! So are the stars. Photos of your favorite celebrity couples showing some PDA. Click the photo below for more...