Every afternoon join me for CLOCK WATCHER TRIVIA. At 4pm each day I give you a new question to ponder. If you are the first to correctly answer it, you can win! And it's great fun, as you wait for quitting time to roll around. Missed a question? Want to find out who won? You can get that here: 987theriver.com/pages/trivia.html
And don't forget THE DRIVE AT FIVE...an hour of commercial free music as you head home for the day, plus the traffic information you need.
Paula Deen’s empire is crashing down because of a racial slur she admitted to saying years ago. She has since apologized and distanced herself from any kind of racist views. The upshot is that her restaurant business is booming, advance orders for her upcoming book were up 1300 percent last week on Amazon, and her Royal Caribbean Paula Deen Cruise is in such high demand they’ve added an extra journey. Time will tell if she is able to make a comeback. Given the history of celebrity use of the n-word, it could go either way. Some notable examples:
• Charlie Sheen: Charlie Sheen in 2005 called his ex-wife, who is a white lady, the n-word during a heated argument between the two.
• Ouentin Tarantino: Earlier this year, Tarantino had people up in arms after he used the N-word to explain the high usage of the N-word in his film “Django Unchained.”
• Dr. Laura Schlessinger: The radio shrink was giving advice on her show about interracial dating when she reportedly dropped the N-word 11 times.
• John Mayer: Mayer once said black people love him so much that he has a “n____r pass”. Well, people didn’t love him that much because many fans turned against the singer.
• Jennifer Lopez: J-Lo got in trouble for saying “n___as” in her song “I’m Real.”
• Michael Richards: Kramer’s infamous stand-up where he said “Fifty years ago we’d have you upside down with a [blank] fork up your [blank]” and other things had people sending death threats to the Seinfield star.
• Paris Hilton: While dancing with her sister to a rap song, she said “we’re like two n____rs” was videotaped and posted on YouTube before it was pulled.
• Gwyneth Paltrow: People were upset with the blonde actress after she tweeted “N____s in paris for real” while attending a Jay-z and Kanye West concert.
• Jesse James: He reportedly told then wife actress Sandra Bullock “I was told that you slept with a n___er.”
• Alec Baldwin: Prince Charming professed his love for Jay-Z and Kanye’s song by tweeting: “I love that song N*GGAS IN PARIS! I love Kanye!!” followed by “Kanye and I are doing a song called N*GGAS IN MONTAUK. My album is called MY BEAUTIFUL PALE TWISTED FANTASY.” Let’s just say people were not amused with his comments.